If you'd like to maximise happiness, give an experience rather than a thing: it's proven by science!
Or better yet...
Share an experience with your loved ones: this autumn in Deniliquin, a three-night getaway is only the price of two nights – you could all get away together in Deni. Let's Go!
The Edward River is unique because the river downstream of the popular McLean Beach is a fantastic playground for motorised craft while upstream is perfect for being active with quieter rides like canoes and kayaks as the river meanders through magnificent red gum forest abundant with native wildlife.
What else is there to do in Deni?
- Wrap your tastebuds around regional flavours served with a side of friendly hospitality,
- Peruse the national park trails by pedal,
- Dangle a line in from the river bank,
- Float downriver from beach to beach,
- Wander boutique shopping
- Take in the exciting arts scene and the heritage of this rural town,
- Take an indigenous tour, a farm tour, an ecologically-sustainable winery tour, or
- Explore the Backroads Trail touring route between Echuca-Moama, Deniliquin, and Barham.
This last route profiles the very best of contemporary rural culture, encompassing rolling plains country and featuring farm gate enterprises with everything from olive producers to avocado growers to potters and cellar doors, as well as interpretive panels providing stories about local history and events, farming practices, indigenous heritage, and local flora and fauna.